Interest Meeting for KIN, ESL, and Outreach for Local Internationals
If you want to find out more about how you can be involved with these outreach opportunities, you can attend an interest meeting we’ll be having on Sunday, January 6th — after each service. You can email Matt Giles, our Missions and Church Planting Minister, for more information.
KIN ESL Training
There are a number of different ways you can engage with ESL classes. Examples include:
- Adult Encourager — just be a friend and sit with internationals during English class, help with pronunciation, and encourage them as they practice their language skills.
- Culture Exchange Volunteer — join activities where internationals share their culture and learn how to adapt to their new homeland in Knoxville.
- Children’s Education (Elem, MS and HS) — tutor a child in English, Math, Science, History, etc.
- ESL Instructor — start, lead, and organize a class to empower internationals.
KIN will also be hosting ESL training at their office in mid-January. Here’s what you need to know about that training:
- When: January 18-19, 2019
- Where: KIN office, 6322 Deane Hill Dr, Suite 202, Knoxville 37919
- Day/Time: Friday, 6pm – 9pm and Saturday, 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Cost: $50.00 (includes textbook, snacks, and two light meals on Saturday)
To find out more information about any of these opportunities, just email Matt: email@example.com.