“God, help us tonight to learn more about You and draw closer to You through our time together.”
Welcome back. Let’s start with something fun since we’re talking about the image of God. Take a selfie with someone and tag us social media!
Yesterday, we saw that Jesus is qualified to be the messiah. Today, as we continue our understanding of Easter, we need to look at the image of God.
Who is God?
- What stuck out to you in this video?
- Did anything surprise you?
- What was something that interested you or piqued your interest?
- What does it mean to be created in the image of God?
- How did sin interfere with this?
- Why can humans not decide what is right or wrong?
- How does Jesus becoming flesh (and yet fully God) show us what the image of God looks like? How did Jesus redefine humanity?
[Read Colossians 1:15-23]
- How does Jesus becoming flesh (and yet fully God) show us what the image of God looks like?
- How did Jesus redefine humanity.
If we want to know what God is like we have to look at Jesus. It is hard to comprehend that we are to be image bearers (or reflections) of God. If we are honest, we don’t really measure up when compared to God. This is a huge problem for us. Thankfully, this is why Easter exists. See you tomorrow as we talk about God’s holiness.
Close with a short prayer — or give your spouse or small group the opportunity to pray.
“God, thank you for making us in Your image and after Your likeness. Even though we live in a fallen world and we don’t always do a good job reflecting You to others, help us to be more like You.”